In recent years, Hospitals and Healthcare Systems have become increasingly sophisticated in their business practices, particularly in the areas of operations, supply chain, financial management and reporting and structured buying processes. At the same these organizations face business, financial and operational challenges that are unique to their industry. Understanding the business structures, practices and culture of hospitals is essential for any supplier interested in creating a strategic relationship with their hospital customers.
Business Acumen for Hospitals is a 1-day program that provides the knowledge and insights essential for suppliers selling and delivering products, services and total solutions to hospitals and healthcare systems. In addition this program provides the fundamental understanding that will enable suppliers to establish Trusted Business Partner relationships with their hospital customers.
This unique program covers the following areas:
Introduction: Changing Business Environment for Hospitals and Healthcare Systems
Module 1: Know Your Customer; the business, financial and operational structures and key challenges of hospitals and healthcare systems today
Module 2: Understanding and influencing hospitals’ decision-making processes
Module 3: Creating quantifiable value for hospital customers
Module 4: Presenting value and negotiating fair value agreements with hospital purchasing organizations
KEY OUTCOMES FOR PARTICIPANTS
- Understanding the financial and operational structures and key challenges of hospitals and hospital systems
- Identifying key decision-makers and influencers in the hospital buying process, as well as their specific needs and value-drivers
- Determining how supplier’s products, services and solutions impact the hospital’s financial, operational and clinical results - and how to quantify that impact
- Presenting and communicating business value impact and positioning the supplier as a Trusted Business Advisor
- Presentations and discussions that provide valuable insights and actionable approaches for improving relationships and results with hospital customers;
- Use of case studies, based on real hospital situations and examples;
- Highly interactive exercises, role plays and simulations that enable participants to practice new skills and techniques;
- Use of tools and templates in the workshop which can be used after the session to ensure implementation of actions and continuous development of new skills and behaviors.